EquiTrust Recognized Among Top Life and Health Insurance Companies
For 27 years, the Ward Group has analyzed the financial performance of over 700 US-based life and health insurance companies. To be among the Ward's 50, each company must pass all safety and consistency screens, and have achieved superior performance over the five years analyzed.
EquiTrust earned this prestigious recognition for their performance from 2012 through 2016.
Based on its financial strength, EquiTrust has been awarded high marks by leading sources of insurer ratings.
EquiTrust Life Insurance Company Rating
The ratings reflect current independent opinions of the Company’s financial capacity to meet the obligations of its insurance policies and contracts. They are based on quantitative and qualitative evaluations of EquiTrust and its management strategy.
Capital & Solvency
Our solvency ratio is strong – now $105.943. The Solvency Ratio expresses financial soundness and a company’s ability to meet policy obligations as they come due. Assets divided by each $100 in liabilities result in a solvency ratio, expressed as a dollar figure. Assets are bonds, stocks, cash and short-term investments; liabilities exclude separate accounts. The higher the amount, the stronger the company’s position to cover unforeseen emergency cash requirements.
EquiTrust is committed to meeting the financial obligations of our customers. Our goal is to be well capitalized through a range of economic scenarios, including prolonged downturns. Based on capital standards closely watched by insurance-industry regulators, EquiTrust is strongly capitalized and well positioned to fulfill our promises to our customers.
Strength of Asset Portfolio
Current Invested Assets
The EquiTrust investment portfolio provides the company with liquidity and income – and has increased steadily. Over 75% of the portfolio is made up of bonds, mortgages and cash.
|Bonds & Cash||$11,972,154,648||69.3%|
A strong concentration of investment-grade holdings provides assurance that the guarantees associated with EquiTrust products are honored. Over 97% of the investment portfolio is investment grade.
|NAIC 1 - AAA/AA/A||50.0%|
|NAIC 2 - BBB||47.4%|
|NAIC 3 - BB||2.1%|
|NAIC 4 - B||0.3%|
|NAIC 5 - CCC or lower||0.2%|
|NAIC 6 - In or near default||0.0%|
EquiTrust investment strategies are anchored by a disciplined and diversified management style. The strength and success of our portfolio are evidence of our proficiency in the investment industry. Guggenheim Partners – with more than $260 billion4 in assets under management – is involved in the management of the EquiTrust investment portfolio.
Since 2007, EquiTrust total invested assets have increased from $6.8 Billion to $17.3 Billion5 at year end.
1. Standard & Poor's Rating Services "BBB+" (Good) rating as of October, 2011. Standard & Poor's has eight
financial strength ratings assigned to solvent insurance companies: AAA (Extremely Strong), AA (Very Strong),
A (Strong), BBB (Good), BB (Marginal), B (Weak), CCC (Very Weak), CC (Extremely Weak). Plus (+) or minus (-)
modifiers show the relative standing within the categories from AA to CCC.
2. A.M. Best "B++" (Good) rating as of August 18, 2012. A.M. Best has 13 active-company insurance company ratings and reflect the current and independent opinion of a company's ability to meet its obligations to policyholders, and are derived by evaluating a company's balance sheet strength, operating performance and business profile. A "B++" rating is the fifth highest of the active-company ratings. The A.M. Best rating scale is A++ (Superior), A+ (Superior), A (Excellent), A- (Excellent), B++ (Good), B+ (Good), B (Fair), B- (Fair), C++ (Marginal), C+ (Marginal), C (Weak), C- (Weak) and D (Poor). A.M. Best's ratings are not a warranty of an insurer's current or future ability to meet obligations to policyholders, nor are they a recommendation of a specific policy, contract, rate or claim practice.
3. Solvency ratio as of December 31, 2016.
4. Assets as of December 31, 2016, on a statutory basis.
5. Assets under management are as of December 31, 2016 and include consulting services for clients whose assets are valued at approximately $47 billion.
EquiTrust products are distributed through independent insurance agents and are not available for direct purchase. This material is not intended to provide investment advice to you or to your specific situation. EquiTrust does not offer investment advice to any individual and this material should not be construed as investment advice.