Builder Bonus Index® Annuity@headingTag>
A flexible premium fixed indexed deferred annuity with a 6% premium bonus on premiums paid in the first year and a Return of Premium guarantee. Product contains a fixed rate account that earns a traditional interest rate and variety of index accounts.
- 0-80 (all Owners/Annuitants).
- 6% premium bonus on premiums paid in the first year. Immediately added to the accumulation value.
1-Year Interest Account
- The interest rate is guaranteed for one year and may change on subsequent contract anniversaries.
- Index Credits will be added to the account at the end of each indexing period. Index Credits will never be less than zero.
Declining surrender charge - based on a 14-Year Schedule. Percentage of the Accumulation Value by contract year: 20, 20, 19, 19, 18, 17, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2%.
Surrender charges may vary by state. Applies to partial withdrawals in excess of the free-withdrawal amount. In the event of a full surrender, applies to accumulation value and any free withdrawals in the same contract year.
- After the first contract year, up to 10% of the accumulation value on the previous contract anniversary may be withdrawn each contract year without surrender charge or MVA.
An optional rider that offers a guaranteed income stream for life without annuitizing.
- Upon death of owner, accumulation value.
Nursing Home Waiver
- After the first contract year, surrenders are not subject to surrender charges or MVA in the event of nursing home confinement of owner for 90 days. There is no charge for this rider.
Terminal Illness Rider
- If the owner of the contract is diagnosed with a terminal illness, surrender charges and MVA are waived for a withdrawal of up to 75% of the accumulation value. There is no charge for this rider.
More Info @headingTag>
The S&P 500® Index is a product of S&P Dow Jones Indices, LLC. (“S&P DJI”) and has been licensed for use by EquiTrust Life Insurance Company. S&P® and S&P 500® are registered trademarks of Standard & Poor’s Financial Services, LLC. (“S&P”). These trademarks have been licensed for use by S&P DJI and sublicensed for certain purposes by EquiTrust Life Insurance Company. Builder Bonus Index Annuity is not sponsored, endorsed, sold or promoted by S&P DJI, S&P, or any of their respective affiliates or third party licensors, and none of such parties make any representation regarding the advisability of purchasing Builder Bonus Index Annuity nor do they have any liability for any errors, omissions, or interruptions of the S&P 500®.
Surrender of the contract may be subject to surrender charges or Market Value Adjustment. Withdrawals before age 59½ may result in a 10 percent IRS penalty tax. Withdrawals do not participate in index growth. In the event of a full surrender, charges will apply to any penalty-free amounts taken during the same contract year. The surrender charge period and surrender charges may vary by state. Market Value Adjustment may not apply in all states. The guarantees expressed are based on the claims paying ability of EquiTrust Life Insurance Company. EquiTrust cannot give legal, tax or accounting advice. Your personal tax advisor can provide important information with respect to the purchase of this annuity contract and its taxation.
This information briefly highlights EquiTrust’s Builder Bonus Index annuity contract and its benefits. Contract issued on Contract Form Series ET-STS-2000(11-11) with riders ET-ROP(03-08) and 430-NHW(08-03) and ICC11-ET-STS-2000(11-11) with riders 430-NHW(08-03) and ICC11-ET-ROP(11-11). Product features, issue ages, riders and availability may vary by state. For costs and complete details of coverage, including any exclusions, reductions or limitations, and the terms under which the contract may be continued in force, contact your EquiTrust agent.